Regarding each project as a new challenge
MD Moldes was incorporated in 1989 with the aim of providing complete integrated services in the moulds field. Supported by several group companies – MD Plastics, MD Fastooling, and MD Engineering – MD Moldes provides solutions to the entire mould production process: engineering, manufacturing, testing, and injection.
With a dynamic pro-active stance, MD Moldes asserts itself as a company ready to accept new challenges, and to shaping new ideas. To this end, MD Moldes has a highly specialized focused team, working with the latest design and engineering technology.
Management System Policy
The management philosophy of the MD Group includes customer and employee satisfaction, creating relationships of trust with suppliers, and environmental protection.
The services provided by companies in the MD Group are directed towards the provision of integrated solutions that include the entire mould development process, from engineering to injection.
Through each of its companies, the MD Group has adopted the following Management System Policy:
- customer focus, in order to achieve their full satisfaction and, wherever possible, exceed their expectations;
- motivation, awareness raising, and training of human resources for achieving enhanced collaboration and active involvement in the company's life;
- provide the necessary resources for an internal environment that fosters human and professional growth for everyone in the organization;
- ensure effective management of all processes and resources;
- meet the requirements of Portuguese Standards NP EN 9001 and NP EN ISO 14001, and continually improve the effectiveness of the management system;
- commitment to the legal, regulatory, statutory, and national and international standards in force, in carrying out our activities as defined in the management system;
- commitment towards environmental protection through the efficient use of natural resources, thus contributing towards lower environmental impacts.
- 1989 – Incorporation of MD Moldes, as an engineering company specialized in contracting moulds, and project management.
- 1998 – Incorporation of MD Fastooling, focusing on complex tools as a result of more and more customer requests.
- 1999 – Incorporation of MD Engineering.
- 2002 – Incorporation of MD Plastics, which specializes in mould testing, recreating each customer's specific conditions.
- 2003 – MD Moldes achieved the ISO 9001:2000 certification.
- 2008 – Implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform.
- 2012 – MD Plastics achieved the ISO TS standard 16949:2009 certification, on product quality for the automotive industry.
- 2013 – MD Moldes achieved the ISO 14001:2012 certification.
- 2014 – With its new facilities, MD Plastics increased its production capacity.